Tiscareno Associates (TA) is an award-winning firm, recognized as a leader in mixed-use, residential, government and master planning projects. We are a mid-size firm that is located in downtown Seattle. See www.tiscareno.net for the firm’s portfolio.
We offer generous benefits, a fun and collaborative work environment, continuing education opportunities, and a healthy work-life balance. We work hard, we play hard, and we do it all as a team. Our collaborative and creative design staff greet each architectural project with innovation, inclusive thinking, and smooth processes, free of egos and habitual design approaches, realizing a client’s vision for exceptional spaces that put people first.
Interested in joining us? Check out our Facebook page to view our associates in action: https://www.facebook.com/tiscarenoassociates/
The Candidate: TA is seeking a Designer (either Intern II or Intern III level) to assist with the development of commercial and multifamily projects. As a key team member of a growing architectural firm, the candidate will have diverse responsibilities including client interaction, schematic design, design development, and construction document production. The candidate should have strong design and presentation skills. The applicant must be Revit and AutoCAD capable and have a basic knowledge of architectural design concepts.
Specifically, Tiscareno Associates seeks candidates with:
- 5-Year BA or MA degree in architecture required
- Minimum of 2 years work experience (Intern II or Intern III)
- A desire to work in a team-oriented, creative and collaborative environment
- The ability to be self-directed in the preparation and coordination of design documents
- The ability to take direction and work efficiently to meet deadlines
- Strong verbal and visual communication skills
- The ability to develop drawings in AutoCAD and Revit
- Knowledge of other graphic programs such as Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign
- Interest in working on small-to-large scale projects, including new buildings and renovations
- Experience with Multi-family and Transportation project types
We provide excellent benefits, including medical, vision, life, disability, and dental insurance, an Orca Pass, 401K contribution matching, health club membership, continuing education assistance, holiday and vacation/sick pay, and a quarterly bonus program. We also host a weekly happy hour at our office or nearby, have twice yearly company parties, and are active participants in charity and industry events, including Architects Without Borders, the Seattle Design Festival, Obliteride, AIA Happy Hours, Women in Transportation, the Ride in the Rain challenge… and many others.
Tiscareno Associates encourages staff to pursue the path to licensure and provides financial and moral support for ARE testing.
We will respond to those applicants that meet the requirements noted above. Preference is given to candidates currently residing in the Seattle area.
Please email your cover letter, resume, and graphic exhibits to Victoria Hurst: VictoriaH@tiscareno.net
We will respond to those that meet the requirements noted above. No phone calls, please.
Tiscareno Associates is an equal opportunity employer.